The following guidelines govern the awarding of grants from the Foundation. In the first instance applications are welcomed by carers, educational professionals as well as directly from applicants themselves. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Applicants must be between the ages of 11 and 28 inclusive.
Applicants must be in need of financial assistance.
Where you live:
Applicants must fall within one of the following groups (in order of preference);
- You must reside in the Borough of Guildford
- You must attend, or be about to attend, or have (for not less than three years at any time) attended a school in the Borough of Guildford or Waverley.
- You must reside in the Borough of Waverley.
Other types of Grant:
Grants can be made for any school, college, university or other place of learning approved by the trustees.
Purpose of Grants:
- To cover the cost of fees or maintenance at the place of learning
- Books, equipment, clothing, tools etc required for a course, or required after a course to prepare for entry into a professional trade
- To cover the cost of recreational pursuits while at school or college, including sports, music and other artistic activities
Applications are considered by the Trustees at meetings which take place three times a year in January, May and September. Application forms need to be with the Clerk by the end of the month preceding the month of the meeting. It is possible that applications could be considered as emergencies between these times.
All applications are given the utmost consideration and grant are awarded entirely at the disretion of the Trustees of the Charity.